Meetings (Acts 2:42)
- Home church is NOT for pew potatoes. Everyone
participates in the meeting as did the early Biblical Christians.
Acts 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and
in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Stedfastly 4342. proskartereo, pros-kar-ter-eh'-o; from
G4314 and G2594; to be earnest towards, i.e. (to a thing) to persevere, be constantly
diligent, or (in a place) to attend assiduously all the exercises, or (to a
person) to adhere closely to (as a servitor):--attend (give self) continually
(upon), continue (in, instant in, with), wait on (continually).
Continue Stedfastly in:
- The apostles doctrine (Foundational Principles of the Doctrine of Christ)
Hebrews 5:12-6:2 / 2John 9:11 / Eph. 2:18-22 / John
1 John 1:1-10
- Breaking of Bread
1Cor. 10:15-23 / 1Cor 11:17-34
- Prayers (worship)
Eph. 6:10-20 / 1The. 5:17 / Col. 4:2
Other scriptures about 242 meetings:
- John 4:23 But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the
Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. 24 God is a
Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
- Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and
making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God
and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21 Submitting yourselves one to
another in the fear of God.
- 1Cor 14: 39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with
tongues. Let all things be done decently and in order.
- 1Cor 14: 26 How is it then, brethren? when you come together, every one of you has a
psalm, has a doctrine, has a tongue, has a revelation, has an interpretation. Let all
things be done unto edifying.